Originally Posted by gunner500
Hondo, damn the work anyway, hate it when that gets in the way of having fun here. smile leaning really hard towards the standard Swede, trajectory is math and easily repeatable most of the time, the improved version giving a few clicks less wind wont, to me, outweigh maybe one third or more barrel life over the standard.

DF, one thing I'm really looking forward too, there may be a new powder not yet tried that could bring some magic, always part of the fun of exploration, and hell yes on the Lapua Swede brass, tough as a damn boot heel it is, i'll be pressuring up all I can get while still maintain accuracy.

Beretzs, thanks for those powder hits, the right one may lie right there in that lineup, 142 LRAB's should hold their integrity, especially at Swede speeds, the 147 Horns are yet to be tested, another possibility is a Barnes LRX of some persuasion, they damn sure wont fly apart due to centrifugal force. grin

I need my ass kicked for not grabbing that Benchmark 6.5, stainless, 8 twist, fluted barrel in the classifieds a couple days ago!

Gunner, don't neglect the 139 Scenar. My Swede (Shilen/98 Mauser) really loves that bullet and also the 155 Mega. With Lapua brass, I think this rifle is becoming a Lapua snob... blush

And you know how many critters Scenarshooter (Pat) has killed with that bullet. It's very accurate, has great terminal performance. It has a thin jacket like a VLD, but holds together better. The lead alloy must be harder (just guessing).

Bottom like, it works.

DF