Originally Posted by gunner500
Josh, thanks for the Shooter71 tip, now I know who to look for, 27 or 28 inches of barrel will be okay for this build, it wont be a walking hunting rifle, mainly back porch varminting, or as said earlier, throw it in a big Pelican and go shoot rocks with buds for beer ; ]

With the 6.5 PRC being basically a short magnum, a lot of bullet could indeed be left out of the case, something I hadn't thought about with the 6.5-06 and a standard M-70 mag box, I would be deep in the powder supply with some projectiles.

About the 131 Blackjack maker, I did some reading up on the 'Sierra' 150gr bullet in 6.5, not the best reviews, with some even reporting bullet blow up due to high twist barrels.

The Hornady 147s haven’t been immune to that either. Blowups seem to be happening more in 5R barrels from my experiences. My Bart 2B PRC was POOFing them started at 2945. 6.5 SAUM was keeping them together but there was enough “damage” done to the jackets that BC degradation was extremely high. Both get 139 Scenars fed through them, which isn’t a bad compromise.

I know there are LOTs of people that are running the 147s at those velocities without a hiccup. My two barrels just wouldn’t...