Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by joshf303
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500
Good deal, Thanks Josh, i'd guess it to be a good killer too?

I'd shoot 30338 a message on here about the 180 ELD Gunner. He used them out of a 7 Rem and had some interesting notes from killing animals.

I have some 180 Scenars I am planning to give a shot in the Mash this year, but they are still quite a bit less aerodynamic than the 180 ELD, but seeing the 220 Scenar work pretty well in the 300 RUM made me a believer in those bullets.

I’m still on the fence myself with the 180Ms at magnum velocities, say north of 3000, on game. Familiar with Kurt’s happenings with them too...

I’m firmly in the Scenar camp in all calibers when starting velocities are around that 3000+ mark.

Thanks Beretzs, will do, maybe I can math that over to the effectiveness of the 147 6.5 ELD, all that said and iirc the range, I hit a 200+ pound black Russian boar in the ham at 588 yards with my 300 win mag firing 210 LRAB's at 3K, the bullet exited his neck in the crease where it joins the shoulder, DRT! I have to pick a bullet in 6.5 that will do that, may wind up with the 142gr LRAB's over the RDF's, ELD's and Bergers, I've already turned into an old vagina, even want to put a coyote or mangy pos hog down as quickly as possible.

Right on about the Scenars Beretzs and Josh, with what little I saw, and have read of Pat's adventures with them, plus running a 155 through a 120 yard hog with my REPR, could have put a 20oz pop bottle in the offside ribs, wish they made a higher b.c. bullet in 6.5.

Gunner, I am with you a 100%. If I could make the ABLR work in a few more rifles I'd probably use them more. They seem to offer a good amount of BC, along with awesome expansion and a decent base that'll plow through most anything.

Semper Fi