Originally Posted by joshf303
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500
Good deal, Thanks Josh, i'd guess it to be a good killer too?

I'd shoot 30338 a message on here about the 180 ELD Gunner. He used them out of a 7 Rem and had some interesting notes from killing animals.

I have some 180 Scenars I am planning to give a shot in the Mash this year, but they are still quite a bit less aerodynamic than the 180 ELD, but seeing the 220 Scenar work pretty well in the 300 RUM made me a believer in those bullets.

I’m still on the fence myself with the 180Ms at magnum velocities, say north of 3000, on game. Familiar with Kurt’s happenings with them too...

I’m firmly in the Scenar camp in all calibers when starting velocities are around that 3000+ mark.

I am a newby with those sorta bullets on game. The 147 ELD from my 6.5 Creed has been nothing less than excellent in my opinion on deer. Just nice entry/exits with great damage internally. The 220 Scenar from the 300 RUM worked the same on deer. I carried it hoping to try it on an elk but nothing volunteered for that. I can see where the ELD's pushed pretty fast could get pretty nasty. Some like that effect, and some don't. I think I like what I see with the Scenar's integrity and giving up a skosh of BC doesn't hurt me too awful much at all.

Semper Fi