I bought a 08 Tundra new, put a hundred and seventy-five thousand miles on it. The transmission started having issues then so I traded it in got an excellent trade in on it on a 2017 Tundra. To me the tundra just feels more like a truck without all the fancy crap the Chevy was covered in. Test drove a half ton Ford, it just didn't feel like a truck to me either.

Heaviest thing I hauled in the bed would be a 200 gallon water tank full and 2 dead deer at the same time. That was no trouble you couldn't even tell the weight was back there. Tundras also seem to handle a lot better on a curvy Road to me I live in the mountains lots of curvy steep two-lane roads I like the way the tundra feels, rides, and handles better than the others and even with the dealership knowing the transmission had issues I got one heck of a trade-in and a good deal on a 2017.

I average about 14.5 miles per gallon here in the mountains and it steep here on most roads. The biggest drawback of the new Tundras is the stereos are awful I installed an amp new speakers all the way around. was really disappointed in 2017 factory system I kept the head unit put in a good Alpine amp some good speakers made a world of difference

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places