My best bud had a 2014 Tundra; nice truck, but he said it freaking drank the gas. He started having transmission problems at 60k and quickly got rid of it.

I have 192,000 trouble free miles on my 2011 F150 with the Ecoboost. It gets 20mpg on the highway all day long. Tremendous pulling power. Put it into 4x4 and turn on the locking differential and it turns into a freaking tank. My brother's 2018 4x4 F150 with the Ecoboost is getting a smooth 22.5 miles per gallon on the highway (hand calculated). Several friends with the same truck with no major problems. I will be ready for a new truck in 2-3 years and will certainly check out Toyota, but it will be a deal breaker if I have to spend an extra 1-2 grand each year to feed it versus the F150.

The Tundra also has the worst crash rating of any full size truck on the highway which indicates that their safety technology, in addition to the rest of their technology, is way behind the major automakers. You can google/youtube it for yourself if you don't believe it. Ford has the best crash rating.

No flies on the Tundra, but my last three trucks have been Fords and all of them have served me exceedingly well with each reaching over 200k miles before I purchased another.