Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
I owned 3 Tundras and none were problem free like my previous Toyota’s were. From major repairs like engine work, whole front axle replaced, sensors galore, warped dashes, the cheapest paint I have ever seen on a pickup , the tailgate crumbling when loading a 4 wheeler in the bed,etc. There’s a ton of Toyota fan boys out there and I was one of them for decades but there isn’t [bleep] that A Tundra gives you over the competition except for warm and fuzzys. Fuel mileage was horrendous empty and when loaded with even a small bass boat that is as aerodynamic as a trailer can be the fuel mileage would resemble that of pulling a large travel trailer. The damn thing couldn’t make it up the slightest grade without downshifting constantly. Guys that think they are a beast towing haven’t driven a competitors truck or they’d realize the Tundra is lacking. Now with all that said each guy should buy whatever tickles their fancy and it’s awesome that we have as many choices as we do these days on a bunch of great trucks that are way more reliable than they used to be.

Oh and FWIW the whole resale perk was never something I benefited from having to fight tooth and nail to get them even paid off so I don’t know where that theory comes into play!

Which year Tundras did you own?

07,10 and 13