yep x2

Originally Posted by 4winds
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by 4winds
To this day, I can't believe anyone using a truck would make gas mileage their make or break priority! ALL trucks have schittty gas mileage.

The Tundra has a lot of great features where it counts for a truck and the damn thing will run.

Buy the goofy Tesla truck if you're that worried about your gas bill.

Gas mileage, average performance, decade old technology . . .

Granted you get really good resale, but other than that’s it’s a truck that’s well past it’s prime. RAM & F150 easily beat it in about every category, not even debatable.

Ford makes a nice 1/2 ton but please spare us the bullschit.

Exactly. You can throw as many turbos you want on a 6 cyl. to turn it into an 8 cyl. But pressure is a nasty bitch and will have it's due come much sooner than the 8. I'd entertain an F150 with a V8 only! You can keep the Dodge.

Updated technology can become a bigger curse than benefit. My wife's car was a hybrid Sonata with all the latest tech and cost me 4500+ dollars in maintenance which somehow escaped their "great warranty" all of it due to their overly complicated hybrid system. I couldn't wait to trade that in on a naturally aspirated V6 Toyota Avalon that is 10 times the car and quite evidently so at the cost of better gas mileage - oh the horror! When we were shopping for her car I asked the Toyota sales guy about the next generation Tundra and his tail started wagging about the greatest Tundra ever with turbos and a hybrid engine, blah blah...I told him I'll get a straight breathing V8 F150 or an older Tundra if that was the case.

Technological advancement is fine but the manufacturers are really adamant about turning trucks into cars thanks to constantly "updating" technology so all the urban badasses can slap their Yeti stickers in the back window and feel like they accomplished something for 75,000 every other year.