Originally Posted by RJM
grin..who me?

FYI...there are no factory Bisley Models in .41 Magnum with a 4 5/8" barrel...only a 5.5" stainless, 7.5" blue and a 7.5" stainless Hunter...

...find a nice 4 5/8" gun and then find a Bisley frame and hammer...they are around...

Yes, I knew that. I anticipated having to shorten a 5.5" SS.

Is there a reason it would be preferable to retrofit Bisley components to a 4 5/8" gun instead?

I ask only because my one and only attempt to swap Bisley components did not go so well. I have the two SS Single Sevens in 4 5.8". I wanted to convert one to Bisley for my heaviest loads.

So when I saw the 5.5" SS Single Six available, I purchased one expressly for donor parts. The 'Smith also believed they were identical frames and it would be no big deal to swap the parts. But when we got them apart, he found there was a slight difference in the thickness of the grip frame and also the mounting holes were slightly misaligned.

I understand the factory can supply raw gripframes to be hand fitted to the individual gun. I just assumed it would be much less expensive to have one shortened, crowned, and the front sight reset.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.