IF you can find some of them, the old Speer 220gr. Half-Jacket bullets are awfully accurate bullets. When I first got my 6.5" Blackhawk, I put together some loads from a Speer manual using Blue Dot and those 220s. Mind you, I just bought the gun, and just picked a load out of the manual and assembled them, without shooting any factory ammo at all.

Some friends put a milk jug full of water out at 100 yards, and not knowing any better, the first cylinder load ever fired out of the Blackhawk were aimed at that milk jug. I hit it with the third shot, and the succeeding three shots hit it, too. I was a fan after that.

Later on, after I started casting, I used the Lyman #410459 mould (the Keith bullet), and a stiff load of Unique, and it would regularly shoot into 1.5" at 25 yards. That was one nice-shooting Blackhawk. I don't remember what I swapped it for, but no doubt it was a poor trade.

Thinking back on it, I don't think I ever shot any factory ammo through the Blackhawk. No reason to do so, with it shooting my own loads so well.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.