Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
How do you find Hunter behaving in really cold temps there Horse?

I haven't chrono'd in the cold. I haven't lost/missed a critter due to POI/POA being inaccurate in cold weather.

Not at all scientific, but, the coldest I can think of using Hunter was -21F ambient calling coyotes and killing one @ 300yds w/243Win and 85TSX's with 1 shot.

The deer I took @ 560yds was Oct '19 in SW WY. Ambient temp was in the 20's. Prior to the trip I'd printed out a new ballistic table for 6K' but didn't adjust ambient from ideal of 59 degrees. One is just as likely to have 75 degrees as 0 in that country that time of year. One shot, behind the on-side shoulder out just ahead of the off-side and the deer never took a step.

The bulk of my big-game hunting has been done in ambient temps of 20-40 degrees. Most of my practice is spring, summer, fall from 20-80 degrees. I'm going to do some shooting this weekend but forcast is for high 20's.

I load (prime, charge powder, seat bullet) prepped brass for the 270Win/140TSX combo on a Dillon 550 press w/Forster seater die (non micrometer). Brass prep is minimal. Partial neck sizing with a Forster bushing die on a Co-Ax press. WLR primers in Rem brass. I crack necks before I get loose primer pockets FWIW. Buddy recently bought an AMP annealer so maybe I'll have to keep closer track of exactly how many loadings I can get on a primer pocket???

Last edited by horse1; 01/24/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.