Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I made the commitment today; bought 2# of R19 and 2 boxes of Barnes 129 LRX to try out. May be a couple week s or more before I get back to the range, we're getting dumped on a bit...winter storms are back, smile

If your the type that likes to try multiple powders then also get some R23 & R26. I don't have any experience with R19 I passed it over due to rumors of it being highly variable both lot to lot and temperature wise. R22 has the same rumors associated with it and I have been pleased with it, rumors and facts be damned. But R23 is in the same or better velocity league and is equal to the best extreme powders as far as temperature indifference. For slightly more velocity disregarding hot temperature pressure spikes R26 is the champ.

The fall back is always H4831 and with it you can get close to 3,200 fps but anything over 3,000 will do. JOC's 60 grains of 4831 is a classic. He used Milsurp and then Hodgedon but kept on with the same load as far as I know.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli