Not MD but the grooves greatly reduce pressure due to less bearing surface and less swagging pressure. The Barnes produce even lower pressures than some comparable C&C bullets. The E-Tips and GMX will produce more pressure to the point that maximum loads need to be cut back, some times as much as a grain and a half. The respective velocities also follow suit. Not a huge difference and many shooters ignore it and get away with it.

The hollow base mono produces extreme expansion while not shedding petals. I have not tried them yet. Have some Lehighs ready to go but have not shot any game with them yet. I will have to try them on my favorite test medium, feral hogs soon. The Cutting Edge bullets have a good reputation but have yet to try them, likewise with Hammer bullets. Too many good bullets, not enough time.

I always wonder what the TSX, TTSX, & LRX would do if Barnes used their old blue coating on them? I only shot a couple boxes of the Blue Meanies but they seemed to live up to their claims, more velocity and less fouling.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli