Hey there Fil- what caliber are you shooting? I like to use the lighter weight, fast monos on Texas game if I'm after Exotics. I did usethe 150 partition in a 7mm Rem Mag to keep from tearing up game when I lived there, I left in '87.. Surprising to me was a 300WM I used with Sierra 150 Pro Hunters on Hill Country deer...they acted like Partitions! In 30-06 and a .280 I found the Hornadys to be hard enough to be fine on deer.. The faster the bullet, the harder I want the bullet to be because 95% of the game I killed were under 100yds. Corlokts worked swell but I first used them in the 7mm Mag with 175gr (1973) to keep from tearing up meat too bad. I also found, in the 30-06/308 that 150 corlokts and Sierras were fine on deer. All hogs got shot at head/neck junction. My dad was pure OCD in saving meat! ha I guess that's why I hate running shots til this day! I had about a 50-50 record of hitting them too far back, deer or hogs, and even the 150 corlokts in my 30-30 would do some damage! He had a way of chewing your azz out and making you like it, ha.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 02/06/20.