I've been reading this thread with interest because I'm on the central Texas Gulf Coast. Even in South Texas which is about 200 miles South of me they don't have deer with the body size they do in the Mid West and the North Country. They've got some monstrous racks but not so much big bodies. So we don't need a super bullet to take our deer. Some people around here do use the bullets you stated but most use cup and core bullets and something in the Remington Core Lokt class or Nosler Ballistic Tip, Sierra Game King, Hornady SST class. However, I've thought of looking into the Barnes line and trying a couple loads just in case I ever have the opportunity to go on an elk hunt. I also would like to try the Nosler Partition, what I consider the king of the cup and cores because I've tried them on paper and they're very accurate out of my .270 Winchester. Anyway, I'll keep reading and learning here.

Last edited by Filaman; 02/04/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!