Originally Posted by Ky221
Originally Posted by Brad
I’d go Rifle Basix. Apart from that very minor caveat, looks perfect.

I’ll look into that trigger. Thanks

260- thanks for the info. I just don’t need any more performance than what the standard .250 already offers. I’m not a long distance guy. So if .257 VLDs were to become available I’d not use them. I’m a point and click hunter. Here in the east where I live. 300 is a long long way. I can count on one hand the opportunities I’ve had at game at that distance.

I feel like anything over 100g is really pushing it I’m the little .250 case anyway.

I pretty much only shoot Nosler bullets. I always had good luck finding accurate loads and always liked the on game performance. So this rifle is built with the 100 and 85 NBT in mind.

I've shot thousands of .257" 75 grain VMax and Sierra HPs at pdogs and predators from 250-3000, 25 Souper, 257 Roberts, 257 AI, 25 WSSM, 25-284, and 25-06s. They have worked so well for me that I haven't seen the need to change my varmint bullets. I used to shoot deer and predators with the 90 grain Sierra HPBT, but had a couple of bullet failures on deer, so now I only shoot them at predators. I have found this to be a particularly accurate bullet and it is, along with the 75 grain Sierra HP, the .257" component bullets against which I measure all others. I like the 100 grain BT as an all around deer and predator bullet, but prefer the 100 grain Partition if deer are the exclusive intended target in 250-3000. The heaviest whitetail that I've yet to shoot fell to a single 110 grain AB fired from a 25 WSSM, but I don't know if the 250-3000 would drive it fast enough to duplicate the performance that it has in the 25 WSSM.

I shoot deer with the old, original, Barnes X 75 grain bullets in my 1-14" ROT 250-3000 and 25 WSSM. If you like Barnes bullets, the 80 grain TTSX might be another bullet worth looking into. It would have the potential for a little more speed and more speed is a good thing more often than not, no?