Originally Posted by Ky221
Alrite guys, I’m in the process of putting together a .250savage for deer and called coyotes.

I’m waiting on a stock from McMillan before I order anything else. It is due any day now.

Here’s what I’m thinking

Olive & black speck Mountain rifle stock
700 stainless SA from buds
10twist #2 Douglass @ 22”
Timney 510

Douglass barrels are only an hour away from me so I was going to have them do the barrel installation and blueprint.

I think the only thing I’m missing is bottom metal, thought about picking up the complete BDL kit from red hawk rifles for 160$. Any reason not to go with that?

Anything else you see with the above specs you would do differently ? Not sure if I’m going to keep it all stainless or have it cerekoted. I’ll have to see it first.

Open to suggestions/criticism.

The 250 Salvage is simply a schit chambering,frosted with schit boolits. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Were you to retain the blueprint and go with a good spout,in a good diameter and a good chambering...you'd simply begin to connect dots and by default. In a .473" of that case length,I'd want it chambered in either 224 or 243 Kreedmire,with 224 being the preference(mainly because I've several of each,along with others of the ilk). I'd go no slower than 8",nor faster than 7" and the focus would be 88 ELD's for everything,with a Brux or Bart(depending which Greg had on the shelf). You get a .545 BC,clipping along at nearly 3200fps(in your cited barrel length),as opposed to the dogschit .257" 100gr NBT and it's fhuqking dismal .393 BC. The Kreedmire is simply 95% of a 22-250AI. Hint.

Left to right: 224,243 and 264 Kreedmires. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Left to right: 22-250 SALAMI,22-250 AI and 224 Kreedmire. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

If sourcing parts in the manner you did(NIB Donor receiver,less metal),I'd go M5 AICS DBM and never look back. There's a great assortment of easily sourced mags,readily available and you've miles of COAL latitude. I'd send it to The Kali Kid,opt .100" freebore,reiterate the use of Alpha Virgins for neck clearance clarity and then simply sell the 250 brass/dies/schit and move along,with a smile on my face and the stench removed from my hands. Hint.

A 25-06 cain't hang with it. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."