No doubt, investing in equities, for most (not traders) is a long-term proposition to cut risk and realize potential. No one knows the timing or tops and bottoms, but a lot of folks get a fairly educated (via experience) of trends.....I personally think the pain of what is going on with CV19 is not going away anytime soon, and likely not hit it's peak intensity. If that is correct, it could well be that the markets will go lower......

Yes, I do agree, based on history, this will rebound back, and it's currently all about fear, though it could perhaps spark a recession, certainly 2020 profits will drop for many businesses. All that means less the further out you look for long-term investing.

Having seen several major corrections before of +/- 50% ...........we have a ways to go to get there. Not placing any best, but I'd not be shocked to see 18.........and even 15-16......on the Dow. Speaking of which, you folks looking more at the Dow or S&P as an indicator? Do you feel Nasdaq will lead the way when the markets ultimately recover?

On DCA, do you folks do a set timing or pick down days to buy into on intervals? Great comments folks, thanks for sharing your thoughts.