Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I bought almost $25,000 of Royal Dutch Shell b stock last Wednesday at $21.80 a share. I wanted to hold it like 15 years and reinvest the dividends. I was worried afterwards because it dropped to about $19.50 that same day. Today its $30.40 a share. Do I sell and make a quick $9,000 or stay with the plan?

I tried to buy Boeing that day at $89 too but my broker talked me out of it. Maybe it'll all hit new lows tomorrow. These wild swings tempt me to day trade a little.

Bb

Drop your broker. Boeing at $89? Thats a no brainer.If a broker talked you out of Boeing at $89 schitcan him. Thats a fuggin crime!!! Ive only lost money with brokers. You're capable of doing it yourself. I picked up a 1000 shares of Boeing last week and and 2000 of Alaska, clr and Exxon. I cashed out today. I take my profits and sell and slowly invest in established dividend stocks, Id sell in a minute if up over 30 per cent in this market. Reassess market and once it drops re invest. Im in short term on energy related stocks in this economy. Once this economy is stabilized picking up some energy stock with dividend for the long term.I have picked up and have held Exxon, Alaskan air and Boeing for the long term. Hope to pick up more on big drops.

BTW Im not an expert. That Boeing advice was really stupid IMO

Last edited by ribka; 03/25/20.