Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Wheres the best place to have an IRA to do low fee stock trades. I had a bunch in Edward Jones but their fees are way too high. After my trade this morning where I thought the fee was too high i find out there was another almost 2 percent commission on the trade.

I told them to just send me a check for the $35000 or so I have in a cash account so I can open a lower trade fee IEA somewhere else. They were not happy but then they never are when I do what's best for me. Good sign it's time to leave when your making poor decisions to try to keep others happy.

I realized part of why I went against my judgement this morning and bought so much at once was because I was trying to avoid multiple high trade fees and pressure from my broker to hurry and decide. I still want to pick up some other income stocks but I want to do it in smaller blocks on the way done.

I've typically just done funds so I'm a bit nee at this but I've been waiting for an opportunity. Still thinking the dow could hit 12000 but if the virus gets under control in the next few months I'm optimistic things could come a long ways back fast.

I want solid income stocks I can reinvest the dividends on for about 15 years and then take the dividends after retirement. Which ones should I be watching? Currently watching McDonald's, P&G, Coke, Boeing, capital one, and a few Reits.

Bb

Fidelity is a good place to be. But there are others. You have to pick your poison. P&G is pretty solid. Of the bunch you listed it is the only one I would buy stock in. I have mutual funds that hold it and the others. But not something I would buy stock in. But like anything else ask a 100 people and you will get 99 different answers. smile

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.