Originally Posted by deflave
I have a theory that if you could maintain good job opportunities near any ghetto or slum you would see criminal activity diminish.

This has been proven with even the filthiest of races such as Greeks, Italians, Irish, and Cubans.

Black Americans do have one convincing piece of the “we are different” argument however. Segregation continued for a long, long time in the southern portion of the US.

That's what I thought but it turned out not to be true. When the neighborhood near our plant "changed," we tried to hire more blacks. Good pay, free college tuition, profit sharing, medical--fuggedaboudit. To be sure we got some good blacks, but most of them simply could not comprehend the concept of coming to work at 8:00 five days in a row, or working better to get a raise and get ahead. And nearness to the ghetto simply brought crime.

As for segregation, we had it in the North too--and still do. As someone pointed out, Asians were treated worse than blacks. But you don't see them yowling about cops shooting Asians, or starting Asian race riots. Same basically goes for Hispanics. There is something basic missing in most blacks. True, it's cultural but I suspect the cultural differences stem from their genes, or their lower average IQs. Some can overcome that but most can't. Look at the pathetic state of affairs in black-run countries in Africa.

I agree with the OP. It's time to end affirmative action and preferences. Treat each individual--black or white--as an individual. Right now, in the North, we basically have apartheid. It's gone too far. In my neighborhood we have Asians (Han Chinese and East Indians) and nobody cares. They are not hazardous to your health. Negroes are.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.