It's a complex problem, therefor, there's no simple solution.

The first problem is that none of these people will go get a job as long as da gubment is paying them to stay home. Ronald Reagan got a lot of people off of welfare and they went back to work. Not sure how to do that, but they could start by making them submit to random drug testing. That would weed out about 80% of them, but then you'd have riots in the streets and they still couldn't get a job because they won't be able to pass a drug test. My attitude is that if I have to be drug tested in order to pay my taxes, they should have to be drug tested in order to receive my tax money. They need to quit paying the baby's mamas for having more kids. They should be required to be on some sort of birth control.

The other problem is that they don't know how to work because they've never done it before. They have no work ethic and they have no skills. These are the least desirable candidates. As much as I want to help people get ahead, I would never hire someone with this sort of resume. Somehow they need to be trained.

Back in the Obama years after the economy tanked, they extended unemployment to 99 weeks (2 years). Whenever I would go to hire a new guy, I'd go through the resumes of applicants. We have a question on our application that asks if they are currently working, and if not, how long have they been out of work. I'd get people who were still working, but wanted to change jobs or make more money. I'd get people that were out of work for a week or two. Then I'd get the guys that said they've been out of work for 2 years. They were at the bottom of the heap and never got the job I was offering. It told me three things. First, that they're a lazy piece of crap, they have no work ethic, and they've been milking the system as long as they could. Second, that since they haven't worked in two years and they're out of practice. Third, that they're stupid and they waited until their unemployment ran out before they started looking for a job. I don't have room for stupid people.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan