Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by deflave
I have a theory that if you could maintain good job opportunities near any ghetto or slum you would see criminal activity diminish.

This has been proven with even the filthiest of races such as Greeks, Italians, Irish, and Cubans.

Black Americans do have one convincing piece of the “we are different” argument however. Segregation continued for a long, long time in the southern portion of the US.

How near?
Theres almost always good jobs near the slums around here. They don't have to drive much if any farther than anyone else commuting to work .Also, theres sufficient public transportation if they dont have a car.

From the age of 18 til I was 23 I got up at 3:45 and rode a van 2 1/2 hrs each way into D.C. to work construction. I made approximately four times what I could make locally.
13 hours a day for 8 hours pay. Got married and worked 30hrs a week building myself a house along with a 40 hour work week. After that worked 70 hrs a week working, and paid off that house in less than 8 years. Since then, worked 60 hrs a week to secure a future for my family.
We live in THE land of opportunity. Ask any Asian, Arab, Hispanic, Russian, Indian....time to quit making excuses for spoiled, entitled black/white Americans.

I'm not making excuses for anybody.

I'm talking about making sustainable changes to the way things are handled. People are paid to live in slums and reservations. If you removed that, and made a concerted effort to provide good paying jobs in the area, you would see crime decline. There would definitely be a tough time frame, but what we are doing today is not sustainable.

I can’t speak for other parts of the country. I know for a fact that the politicians here do anything possible to bring “good paying jobs to area.” The politicians go as far as giving them multi million dollar tax breaks just so the companies will choose this location to build huge factories . These factories inevitably result in thousands of jobs collectively (Hemlock semiconductor is just one example) . Hell, there is an industrial park (hundreds of acres) that the local government has set aside for nothing but bringing good paying jobs to the area. I’m just not seeing a lack of jobs as the reason . Although, I will agree that something SHOULD change because the current strategy is not working.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]