Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

I do...

But, if a tazer is considered a deadly weapon than why are the police so widely using it towards constituents that dont exhibit weapons to them, as a controlling item.

It isnt considered a deadly weapon. This was just stated by their SA on the national news. So the cop shot a flee’ing man who didnt have a deadly weapon.

He should of shot him when he was getting his ass kicked.

The rules of deadly force shouldnt be different from you, me and the police. If your life is in immediate danger, sure. If a police see your or my life in immediate danger, sure... a cop shouldnt be running, blasting rounds in an occupied parking lot at a fleeing suspect who doesnt have a deadly weapon.

Because an ECD/ECW/Taser can completely incapacitate a person.

Courts in the United States have long upheld that a peace officer can stay one step above suspects for the purposes of affecting an arrest and maintaining officer safety.

When people make comments like "If it was me" they expose just how fugking stupid they are. The courts do not view private citizens the same as a police officer.

You’re wasting your breath. This a$$hole is beyond redemption. He’s too Phugging stupid to understand that if you allow someone to completely immobilize you while wearing a gun on your hip that is now at his disposal, yes, you are in deadly force situation. You don’t have to allow it to happen. Deadly force is justified in order to prevent it from happening.

You're trying to play chess with someone who can’t even grasp tic tac toe...