Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I've heard guys like rost say that most ar's are cabable of delivering moa accuracy for 10 shots,

I'm sure rost495 knows far more than I do, but I'm not buying that particular statement.

Personally, I think you have to have a top tier barrel to have it shoot 10 rounds consistently sub MOA.

And only top level AR's have that, but having said that, there are lots of top tier barrel makers today provided you are willing to cough up the $$$$.

YMMV.

MM

I don't think I ever said 10 shots. I may have. Who knows.

But 5 shots into an inch at 100 isn't that hard. Even my dreaded Douglas barrels would do that. Have seen more that a few model 1 sales type tubes do it too. But those are guns gone through to make sure things are asembled correctly. Granted some take more work than you would like IE finding the right bullet(often the twist isn't true and they also want flat base bullets or bullets lighter or heavier than you would think) but generally if it was trying to see if it was capable, they almost all would. I"ve seen one that would only do it with Sierra 40 grain blitz... which would have been of no use to me....

Using a top line barrel is a great start though. Helps when your friend is an old BR shooter turned HP and now retired and filled his garage with stuff... Even green mountain blanks shoot well.. and they are usually cheap enough. Shilen blanks are reasonable. And never flies on Krieger, Rock, Obermeyer, Etc... even Pac Nor was always any ok barrel for us.

Lots of brands I don't recall that brownells had on sale at times were good enough. Frankly an inch at 100 for 5 shots really isn't anything, and accuracy at 100 only really doesn't tell the tale to me. I like to seek 10 shot groups from an AR at 300 that are 2 inches or under. Hunting guns I want 3 shots into a small enough group at long enough distance that I have wobble and wind room by a bit if possible.

Headed to the boat.

Jeff

Good stuff Jeff. Thanks for your input

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA