Since I haven't shot the same rifles with an A2 stock & then changed it to some kind of an M4 stock, I cannot quantitatively say how much difference the stock makes on the same rifle with me shooting it.

But all my rifles are built to my own "precision" standards, & to me that means ALL top tier parts, including top level single or 2-stage triggers & suspect that if I performed the trial above I might see from an 1/8" to maybe a 1/4" at the most, difference in group size.............but maybe nothing either.

My guns are not built to be "minute of man" & most will do MOA, with a few maybe slightly >MOA, but then again, not every gun has, or will have, extensive specific load development...........they just get generic loads that are used in other guns. I'm not interested in doing long load development for a dozen different modern sporting rifles; I really want as many as possible to shoot acceptably with as few a load variations as possible...........in doing that, obviously, some will be a little more or less optimized than other.

The ones that are sub-MOA all have stainless barrels; the others have either nitrided or chrome lined barrels, but all are top tier barrels in their type category.

But for the designated purposes of any of the guns, an 1/8" - 1/4" change in group size is meaningless...............it's only meaningful for true competiters or those interested in maximizing bragging rights.

MM