Learning a lot reading this thread as I'm pretty new to the AR thing... looking at building an AR one of these days for casual range (probably no competition at the moment) use and coyotes and accuracy is pretty important to me on any rifle I own. Seems like the dogs in our area like to hang up way out there sometimes and a long shot becomes necessary so I'm all about an accurate rifle. The close in dogs sometimes come by like a drive by gangster and catch you by surprise and a quick follow up shot is the one thing the AR platform gives me.

Also, I have this thing about wanting to do an 80% lower just for the project, but won't if it will hamper my search for accuracy.

So, a couple questions to start with- since parts are seemingly impossible to find any more where are you guys finding your parts and pieces? Lowers, BCGs, uppers, barrels, all seem to be in extremely short supply at the moment everywhere so shopping and trying to glean info has been interesting, to say the least.
In all this reading I had a question that I'm curious about- does the chamber you specify with your barrel make a huge difference? What is the best chamber to order- .223, 5.56, or Wylde? I was also thinking a 18 or 20" barrel for this rig, but I'm wondering if that is really necessary for my uses and might add more front end weight than I'm looking for.

Point me in the right direction so I don't spend my kids' inheritance and don't end up with a bunch of useless parts that shoot like a shotgun....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.