Originally Posted by 79S
Last yr my first year shooting competition in the AR tactical class. I fought my equipment for 2 months trying to make my setup work. I started off using magpul m4 stock (wrong choice) big time. But i tried to make it work. Then I tried and tried different loads. Finally put an A2 stock on it, Finally got a good load and finished last yr out pretty good. This yr I worked on a load using 75gr eld-m and I shot a 197-6x in our first fun match. My daughter wanted to shoot as well, so I built her a 224 Valkyrie with an 20 inch ARP barrel A2 stock a good trigger 10x SWFA and her first time shooting at 600yds she shot a 199-11X. The load I used has been used by a bunch of 224 Valkyrie shooters and they call it the red rocket it’s a 80gr ELD-M going 2900 fps. ARP chambered these barrels specifically for the 80gr ELD-M bullets. When building her AR I took from my mistakes and made sure she had a great setup. I did switch scope and put a 6x swfa to minimize parallax. Tuesday see if she can keep it up.

Your daughter is doing good buddy. Shooting with the kids is always fun. She sounds like a natural. My daughter shoots pretty good herself...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] She likes my 6.5 CM AR10

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA