Originally Posted by CRS
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Judman
Some of the best meat there is, snap a pic, bone em out get it cooled. Nothin too it

And again

X3

X4

Pronghorn antelope can be the best, and is actually our family favorite. Or the worst if not properly cared for, ie dumpster material.

The hottest temperature we ever shot an antelope was 96 degrees. It was skinned, quartered and into the refrigerator within the hour. I prefer to age 3-5 days before final processing.

Agree.

On one of our NE NM hunts a few years ago, we entered the ranch early, someone already had a Pronghorn hanging from an old front end loader farm tractor at the ranch house. We hunted, had two goats on ice by 9 AM. It was starting to get hot. As we left the ranch, that carcass was still hanging from that bucket...

They talk about "stink goats"; I guess those who say that don't know how to handle meat. Pronghorn meat needs to be cooled quickly in hot weather or it won't do well.

Us Cajuns do know how to handle game meat, and how to cook it.

Pronghorn is very good table fare, done right. I'm sure that goat carcass we saw hanging in the heat at the ranch house didn't turn out so well...

DF