Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Don't be silly, he rode a pedal bike along the one main paved road and is an expert. Just like Bristoe coming out to Glacier on vacation 40 years ago is.

LMAO

Lets get real here, I rode a pedal bike eastbound on the shoulder the southern side of Rt 2, the official southern boundary of the Hi-Line. So technically I never set foot on the Hi-Line at all.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

But I gotta tell ya, by the time I reached Jim's booming megopolis there weren't much of a shoulder to speak of at all, and this road sees a lot of traffic eek

..and this is supposed to be an integral part of a main cross-country bicycle route.... crazy

But anyways I did SEE the Hi-Line, right across the road to my left smile

...and I did ride a dirt road NEAR the Hi Line, but running south.... and I did stop to take this last photo of the Hi-Line in the distance, looking back along my own tracks...

Note how the rear wheel tracks more or less in a straight line, while the front goes from side to side with every pedal stroke, especially up an incline and especially in the dirt and especially on a 70lb bicycle. That's on 700x35 tires running about 70lbs of pressure cool

Meanwhile, ain't there just as many dirt roads up there across the Medicine Line, except colder?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744