Thank you all for the kind words. We are attending counseling sessions which help but are not a panacea. As to the kids cyber-bullying my son, we have met with law enforcement as well as the DA to determine if there is a case to be made. Parents, friends and teachers in the community contacted my wife and I immediately after his death and sent us the videos the individual had posted. I didn't bring this up in the original post but with race relations where they are, you can imagine how political the issue is when the DA is elected and the two individual minors are black and my son is white. I don't want to make this a race issue as the bigger issue is with social media and how it's poisoning our youth. However, the facts are the facts and getting anyone to hear me out has been an uphill battle at best.

Also, one of you mentioned your dog (Lab?) preventing your child from performing something similar? Our dog (border collie) was in a crate that evening. I firmly believe had she been out and running after him like she so often does, it could have possibly made him think twice. Our son would throw a tennis ball with a lacrosse stick every evening with the dog. He always talked about loving the dog. The dog looks for him every evening around that time to throw the ball. She misses him too...