Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
BC30Cal,

I am not sure I understand. If both barrels are 1:10, if bullet A is launched at 3000 fps and it has X rotational speed when that bullet reaches say 2300 fps and it then has Y rotational speed. How does it differ from a bullet launched at 2625 fps and it has W rotational speed when it reaches 2300 fps does it not have Y rotational speed also.

I ask because my in depth physics knowledge is limited and if I read your post correctly it seems to imply that they had different rotational speeds even though they were travelling at the same velocity.

Not Dwayne, but I understand what he is saying, and agree with him.

The bullet reaches maximum speed at about the muzzle, both forward and rotational. Forward speed is lost much faster than rotational and they are in no way connected. By maintaining the higher rotational speed all the way to the target bullets are spinning faster when hitting animals. That greater rotational spin leads to more dramatic deformation and therefore more tissue damage.

Taken to extremes, watch some prarie dog videos. Higher rotational speeds and frangible bullets makes for some serious goo-flinging.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.