Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
The Accubombs were recovered well before the offside on broadside shots on smallish deer at extended range. Given the range and the fact they hit about where they should have it indicates no problems like reloading error or anything beyond poor penetration.

If that TTSX was pushed at reasonable speed it would either pass through or upset and be stopped. Failure to open would normally be associated with "excess" penetration...

Considering the fact I saw 4 Accubombs in a row fail to penetrate from three different rifles leaves me with zero faith in them for penetrating. They would be fine for deer bullets, but I would not use them for anything of size or heft...

The fact Brad has a failure does not surprise me. With no way to investigate the failure all we can deduce is something happened to prevent the bullet from reaching appropriate speed...

You are wrong, Art.

Three elk seen killed with 225 AB's from a .338... All exited. Elk went down fast.

Two elk I killed with the 8mm 200. One exit, the other hit the elbow joint first, went diagonal through the chest, made it to opposite side under the hide.

A buck with a .30 180. First year the Accubond came out. Quartering-on shot. Smashed shoulder bone, diagonal through the deer, exited WAY back on the opposite flank.

A buck with the 8mm 200. Close range, magnum rifle, pretty much worst possible scenario for a bullet. The bullet smashed the hip joint, went the entire length of the deer, ended up under his chin. 70% weight retained, perfect mushroom.

Yeah, they don't penetrate. wink

If a bullet is to be judged by it's failures, there's been plenty of failed TSX's to look at in the last couple years. Did you miss that?