Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Jerry,

The quickest-deadest I've seen a bull moose killed with a double lung shot was with a .270 Winchester and the 150-grain Partition.

Have seen a lot of elk-sized game killed with the .308, African plains game and ELK. With a bullet that expands and penetrates sufficiently, it kills such game very well. If it doesn't kill whitetails very well for you, hmm....

If you actually had some experience with the OP's question, that would be interesting. Otherwise not.

First and I think most important, you read more into my "passing" comment than I intended.

I did not say the 308 did NOT kill well. I said I was not impressed with the cartridge - totally diff.
I had a 308 in the 1980s.... have not owned one since.

Since I don't own a 308 for WT hunting why would I choose one to hunt Elk, Mosse, etc. ?

This is not for your benefit MD. I own, shoot, & hunt 7mm RMs, 300 WMs, & 8 mm RM without WHINING.

WE should be very glad that EVERYONE does not like, shoot & hunt the SAME cartridge. Ammo would be very difficult to find and components would suffer the same for handloaders.

I ask again (I've asked this before), What difference does it make to someone else, what cartridge anyone chooses?

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 08/26/20.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!