I cannot speak upon moose, but a friend of mine has now shot 3 elk with a 180 AB with a total of 5 shots. The one time he had an exit was on a double lung shot.

This same load I saw him shoot a large feral hog twice with no exits, but a dead hog (bullets gave up on opposite shoulder).

I have also used Partitions and seen them used on deer sized game, mostly the heaviest weight for caliber. I've seen them exit and seen them not exit on broadside shoulder shots and always exit on lung shots.

I recall one big hog that soaked up 3 358 250 Parts, two frontal hits, one breaking a shoulder, and one low in the lungs; very little blood on the ground, even with the lung bullet exiting. He went about 100 yds.

I've never recovered a FailSafe, TSX or X. I recently made an angling shot on a 250-300 pound hog with a 224 62 TSX that traversed the rear lungs and exited the offside shoulder. He went 10 yds and didn't twitch, with quite a bit of blood on the ground....

I guess my opinion is that two holes are never bad, bullets that don't lose a front core don't kill as slow as one is led to believe but I think a 308 loaded with a Partition would work fine, too. If you want to break bone and stack your odds on two holes, they make bullets with that reputation as well. I personally don't cotton to the AB as a concept, but there are dead critters on its behalf.

Did I say two holes are never bad? (grins)