Originally Posted by Colin_Matchett
My good friend shot a big moose 1000 lb'er in Sept. at 200 yards with a 7MM Rem Mag. with a 160 grain Accubond. Bullet hit behind the shoulder and exited the other side. I shot two deer in Alberta two weeks ago (a 250 lb field dressed 14 pt. whitetail) at 35 yards and a mule deer buck at 270 yards with the 150 grain accubond in 308 Win. Both bullets exited and both deer only went 30 yards at the most. I shot a black bear 3 years ago with a 150 grain accubond at about 15-20 yards and put it through both scapulas and the bullet exited. The accubonds seem to be very tough bullets. Not X tough maybe, but pretty darn good bullets none-the-less.

Colin

Yeah, if Sitka Deer really hasn't seen an Accubond exit an animal, then he hasn't seen them used much. Or only seen people run super-light ones super fast. Sumptin'. wink All I've seen them DO is penetrate, even on big animals, even after hitting bone. Damn fine bullet.

I've not hunted moose... Only elk. Moose from a .308 I'd run a 180 Partition or Accubond myself.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!