Thinking about how cops handle different situations yesterday. Generally I have no problem with how they handle major confrontations with armed or violent individuals. They only have a short window of time to react and make a decision. I do have issues with how they handle early morning search warrants and sometimes get the wrong addresses.
What really disturbs me is the way they handle lesser issues for revenue generation, especially traffic control officers which in arizona are called Department of Public Safety. They sit in the median watching on coming traffic driving into the sunlight looking for cracks in the windshield. Then they look to see if you are wearing a seatbelt. They won't stop you for a broken windshield unless you don't have a seatbelt fastened. Can only issue a repair order for the windshield but ends up a substantial fine including court costs for the seat belt violation. There can be road gators all over the road but they won't stop and throw them out of the traffic lanes.
We dont know all the details but the incident which is the subject of this post appears to be another example of police exerting their authority without due cause.
In Arizona DPS traffic control officers are the worst. City PD officers are a little better but there is a lot of variation between individuals. Sheriff deputies generally tend to overlook a lot of minor infractions and focus more on solving complaints from citizens and criminal investigations.