Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Originally Posted by dodge268
Sure could have. Would you?
Patrick

Could, and would. Like another poster, I have quit better jobs for less. Principles matter.

Originally Posted by dodge268
Cops protect the Communists? In America, I was under the impression that cops protect every one. It's in the constitution.
Patrick

Sorry, fella. Cops protect nobody. And there is legal precedent to back that assertion. Cops sometimes put themselves in harm’s way to stop a violent or dangerous person, and in that instance, yes, they are protecting someone. But much more often, they are too late to stop the murder, robbery, burglary, domestic assault, or fight. They are simply there to arrest someone for the crime. That is their job, not protection of everyone. As a cop, you should know this, which makes me wonder why you posted the above. Wanna quote me the relevant portion of the Constitution that says cops protect everyone? I studied it pretty seriously, and must have missed it.

Even if cops could protect everyone, admitting that they would protect communists too won’t gain much support in this country...

Pretty sure it's the equal protection clause. Presumably every one is equal under the law. Everyone knows that isn't really true.
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....