One time....during first season shotgun, had a New York hunter with a very fancy and little-used scoped, rifled shotgun. 2 New Yorkers in camp.

Towards the end of their hunt.....we planned a push.

I got the map out and directed them to standing locations......but also mentioned walking around a pond in the middle of a 60 acre field, on the way.

Nice shotgun guy asked why? I mentioned jumping many deer around the pond saplings.....bucks liking to bed there.

Guy asked how nice? I said I jumped a 130 there....he quickly informed me he was looking for a 160 or better.

I asked that they please humor me......they didn't want to.

Both hunters unloaded their shotguns on a 190+.....saplings by pond.

Nice shotgun 'banker' guy got sick.......but they went to the standing spots anyway. His partner shot a 162 on that drive.

Found both sheds for the 190 next spring. Jersey hunter got him next year....bow.

When in Rome......

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Springcove, you and me and Sal just dont cut the fugging mustard. We dont take money from nimrod greenhorn city slickers and get them a critter to put on their wall to show other city slickers how great they are at hunting.

Well, Fugk us losers.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.