Originally Posted by Valsdad
Yeah Salty,

was 36-38F on the thermometer the other morning , about 5' height where I have it now. Hoses had slush in them, water frozen from the little drip on the faucet too. But, the 'maters did fine under their plastic. I'm going to harvest some again today. Making kraut right now, I managed to get some good cabbage this year. Pepper harvest is going to/has sucked though.

I still do not know what this "rain" crap you guys are talking about. The only water around here that falls out of the air is that which comes from the well by way of the lawn sprinkler.

10 points for your mooses up there, or 3 brow tines? Do they issue any cow tags in your neck of the woods? If so, that's what I'd put in for so I could see a bull. It works for me for elk, why not moose.

Shrap did OK I think. Some of these fellas are just jealous. And as Travis says..............losers.

Well hang in there pal and maybe the rain crap will make a showing and thaw out your hose. OK that doesn't sound right..

Moose regs here... yeah. OK short of hiring a lawyer it goes something like this. It varies a lot by area but it goes from zero moose hunting opportunity to many areas that have an open season for immature bulls. Basically a calf from the previous year so they're 1.5 years old and have no more than 3 points on any antler, often a 2x3 as it turns out. Then it moves to an open season for mature bulls in some areas up north. This is where the at least either three brow tines, or at least one side with more than 10 points total comes into play. Very good binocs and the time to have a good gander is needed here! Then you get in to draws or limited entry where you can apply for any bull, mature bull or even cows in some areas although that one is dwindling. Clear as mud?