Years ago.....had a southern business owner that came up for a late muzzle hunt.

When he arrived.....asked to look at his muzzleloader. He had a CVA with a brand-new Tasco World Class on top.

Problem was......the bell of the Tasco was touching the barrel. Really looked like the objective bell was bent up. He assured me it was dead on.

At the next Builderberger meeting, informed the partner we may be snorting crushed Tylenol by the end of the week.

Hunter got two shots.....130 class and 150 class......plus an evening phantom shot, east of the lodge, where only one hunter was hunting.

After the first miss......offered my Encore .45/Leupold......he acted a bit annoyed.

Last hunt was a push.....where the 150 stopped at 75 yards for the missed shot.....as witnessed by another hunter in camp, from Michigan.

Hunter never asked to come back (which is rare). Must have been the outfitters fault.

My personal and professional life has taught me competence in anything is relatively rare.

Originally Posted by marktheshark

Perhaps because the "hunters" you use as examples arent really hunters, they are clients! They may very well be guys who cant get it done on thier home turf but happen to have the disposable income to pay to go to Iowa to be placed in a stand by a guide who has done all the work and simply have to shoot at a deer that walks by. Sorry but your not special, I do all the stand prep for wind conditions etc you mentioned in a prior post on my own as well as numerous other properties I have permission to hunt on....its part of being a more than casual whitetail hunter!

Apologies for the digression, just got ticked by mikewerner insinuating that those not from Iowa dont know how to hunt deer

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.