A bit long, but it really is the reader’s digest version.....

Got to church a little bit late, pastor met me at the door and said there was a “weirdo” inside. Ok.... so I go in and see this guy.

Has black athletic shoes on.... loose fitting thin black fluffy pants.... and draped over his head...a black satin type cloth..... completely covering his head and and goes down to his knees.... but belted at the waist.....kinda a black sheet poncho.

Guy had just walked straight in like he owned the place.... started taking pictures......

Couple of members are already talking with him.... he said he was just “here”....meaning the church.... refused to take off the sheet.... refused to give a name or believable purpose for being there.

I get up next to him as his hands are still concealed... asked him if he was armed.,,, he only mumbled so I frisked him.... while I was doing this he again ....said he just wanted to be there..... I told him “No, you’re leaving right now”.... He then gave me an Islamic greeting...”Selama Alaikam”.......and put his hands together and bowed..... two church members each take an elbow and out he goes.

He then walks quickly away....wait a minute, .not so fast. We’re not done here.......so one church member follows him on foot..... one had already called the police....and another shadowed he and the following church member in his car......

Guy knew he was being followed and started to walk very fast to get away.

Guy walks several hundred yards up the road, then cut into the river bottom on a city hiking trail. Tail car can’t follow but our “follower” stays with him....guy goes about a half mile down this trail and a cop shows up....a bit later, a second cop shows up.

Cop makes him take off the belt and hood and begins to question him..... Our follower sees his face for the first time....25-30 years old.... Caucasian... dirty blond hair and ragged facial hair..... guy complains to the cop about being booted and says “shouldn’t they have welcomed me, isn’t that what they are supposed to do?” Turns out he was not armed.

Anyway, he and the cop talk for a bit and cop lets him go. Cop tells our follower that the guy did not seem angry or upset.... did not act like some zealot barely able to contain himself.... not on drugs.... just a bit odd,and goofy....as he not break any laws, he had to let him go. Cop says they will do a background on him and send out an alert. Ok.... cop says if he shows up again to call again.... our follower assures him that the church will call but by the time the police arrive, there’s a really good chance the situation will already be resolved.

So, odd dress, taking pictures, odd behavior.... tried to “evade” upon departure..... Islamic greeting..... What?

I wonder if he was a.....scout .....checking on our security response in view of some future action...... IDK.....a dupe under someone else’s tutelage?

Word being put out to area churches tomorrow.... probably double up on our in church security.

Last edited by TF49; 10/18/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”