Originally Posted by TF49

Yes, you are correct but why would this subject use that phrase in a Christian church context?

He said what he said with purpose, intent and meaning. He also presented as not having a middle eastern background. Could easily pass as a customer at a Tractor Supply.

I have no clue as to why he used it, but I believe it to be the standard greeting in the Christian church throughout The Arab world.

Just saying that the phrase itself, while it may be an eyebrow raiser, would not cause me undue alarm. But once my eyebrow is raised the one who raised it will undoubtedly have my attention until I understand better or the situation passes.

I went to basic training with a guy who used this every time he spoke to the drill sergeants. Was amusing to see the drills repeat it back to him, respectfully, and then ream his ass and put him down for push-ups.
Eventually they almost got him to drop the phrase, with them. Yusuf was a good guy with unit pride and a sense of humor. He'd still say it when he was excited...

"Chances Will Be Taken"