Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Colorado14er
This young man sounds like a very confused person. Perhaps he was there looking for answers; perhaps he was making an odd cry for help. Did this happen prior to a service? Sounds like you taught him a lesson in intolerance, at the very least. I understand your caution and attempts to approach and identify as well as your desire to keep a safe environment. It's too bad that we have to look for threats and fear in every situation nowadays. Compassion and understanding have taken a back seat in our world.

I hope you were right and he actually was a threat. I also hope that was not the first, and last, time the young man was in a church.

I actually hope he wasn't a threat. Now he knows one place he's not welcome.

I also hope he was not a threat.... but yes indeed he knows where he is not welcome. He also learned a bit about what is and is not socially acceptable behavior. Act like a threatening goofball and you will be treated like one.

Regarding whether or not this poor misguided soul was in church for his first or last time...... this is up to him and God.

Last edited by TF49; 10/19/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”