Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by TF49

Being a weak kneed Christian patsy does not seem to be right behavior when facing a threat. In this case, there were clues as to his intent and purpose..... Hiding his identity.... hidden hands.... refusal to dialogue...etc....and when the guy gave the Islamic greeting and Islamic gesture, the path forward was clear.

The greeting phrase he used is not exclusive to islam. I have heard the same greeting from Christians who come from the region of the Arabian peninsula, of which there are a fair number around.

That said, I have also known some nutjobs who assume middle eastern names and phrases in an apparent attempt to gain religious authority or maybe they just crave attention.

Yes, you are correct but why would this subject use that phrase in a Christian church context?

He said what he said with purpose, intent and meaning. He also presented as not having a middle eastern background. Could easily pass as a customer at a Tractor Supply.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”