Originally Posted by jimy
Having two pressure cookers is a great way to speed up the process.

Amen, I run 2 at a time and rotate between them, my wife and I often do it together and sometimes the kids help with washing or packing jars, pealing bullion cubes etc. when it comes time to heat and pressure though, I keep kids and pets out, just in case. my personal best was 88 jars in one day canning elk when I lost a freezer. on marathon days like those, the last batch gets shut down when the time is reached and left until morning. usually thats when it's 10pm or later and I'm just spent. a friend of mine makes stew in a similar way. he makes the stew, then pressure cans it same as as do meat. he loves it that way. I've done spaghetti sauce with the burger already in it this way and it's good, it tastes a little burnt/scorched but I heard if you add a little creamy peanut butter that slight burnt flavor disappears. haven't tried it yet. I've added peppers and onions with meat to make premade fajitas but they always come out mushy so we wait to add them at the end when we're going to eat it and heat them in a skillet with the meat at meal time.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.