CashisKing;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the week treated you well and you've been having as Happy a Thanksgiving as possible all things considered.

With the understanding that I've never personally done the modification in question, but am a wee bit of a "diesel nut" I'd offer the following.

While the current pickup in the yard is an '03 Cummins with the 24V engine and I've been extremely pleased with it thus far, if I was to do a swap there's no question I'd start with a 12V for sure.

We joke up here that if one could get an F350 with a Cummins and an Allison transmission one might have a rig worth owning and that's not far from where you're headed in a few ways.

The tricky part will be figuring out the electronics even in an '03 Excursion unless I miss my guess.

It might be a good idea to make sure the front end is beefy enough to handle the weight of the Cummins for sure, that's the one thing that Dodge surely missed by a wide margin on our '03 and whenever possible I've been switching in components from '08 which are much heavier and still compatible for the most part.

Anyways, if it's just a project to do for something to do, I'd opine it'd be a fun one for sure, much like the Jetta 1.6 engine swap I keep on threatening to do in an older Cherokee. wink

Good luck on your project whichever way you decide and I hope the remainder of your Thanksgiving weekend is a good one for you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"