Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
If you pass on the blown 7.3l or 6spd 24V let me know, I'd like to look at 'em.

Sure thing... AND if I pass I will give you honest intel on what I see.

Originally Posted by BALLISTIK

That actually seems cheap for the Sienna AWD, but I'm still leery of hybrid/electric vehicles.

I hear you on that... but I have been blown away with POSITIVE Toyota CS on hybrids... so they got the hook in me on trust.

It's a bit of an odd drive system they've got actually even on hers...

She's averaged ...44 mpg US since she's brought it home - that's about 99% commuting in the mountains I'll add.

On hers the AWD system is pretty good as is the electronic suspension settings when one puts it on Trail. She says it's not quite as good on black ice as the Forester she drove before, but it's got more power and way, way better mileage.

Dwayne

Apologies on the cutting of your post... to just meat and potatoes.

Indeed they are quite odd, but I will say that that strange Japanese logic does impress me in the end. (i.e. We have an old beater Honda CR-V (2005)... the drive train is super impressive, but the "Americanized" sensors and EPA stuff makes the dash light up like a pinball machine). Don't really care... it will be a dedicated WV ATV in less than a year anyway. It was a $2,700 beater acquisition. However, not having a Low range transfer case will mean I will have warped rotors more often. 12% grade roads just do that.

I have more faith in Toyota than Honda, but only time will tell if that is further warranted. We had a hybrid failure on another Toyota... car was at 185,000+ miles and 11 years old. $4,200 repair, but Toyota covered the cost 100%... I was super impressed by that... thus the new era loyalty for us.

As for the MPG... indeed 44 is impressive. Unlike many, I have found Toyota to be honest about MPG.

My wife's new minivan is a basic grocery getter and dog hauler for her basic needs... was not looking for more. AWD make good sense for our WV travels. We did look at the Highlander hybrid. The ground clearance was about 1/4" better (IIRC) and the price tag was about $7k more so we declined. More "manly" if that is important... but not really that important for us... others? I very much assume so. Minivan are globally hated. The Sienna can be lifted to a small degree... may consider that also.

I was concerned the Sienna (4 cly. VVT engine and two electric motors) might lack "punch", but it seems OK so far. Time will tell as we begin to pull some grades.

The 2022 Tundra Hybrid is very unknown to me... If it does not pan out... I will not buy. But the 12k towing absolutely caught my attention. My 4 Cummins trucks have similar tow ratings, but I far exceed that often... as high as 30k here in the past couple of months... but don't tell DOT.

We have about 10-11 vehicles now... will sell a bunch as the economy further implodes. I saw an article the other day that the BS chip crisis might last 2 more years... who knows... I don't trust any of it anymore.

Have a Blessed evening... Leonard

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.