CashisKing;
Good evening to you sir, perhaps good morning already for you I see, but either way I hope that upon reading this all is as well as can be in your world.

While I'm certain your Google skills are as good as anyone's, I found this bit of tid that might be of interest to a fellow who's embarking on a task such as you are.

https://www.dieselhub.com/tech/engine-dimensions.html

As I mentioned in my post and you likely know, Dodge didn't have the front end parts figured out until at least 2008 and perhaps later than that. I've been sticking 2008 parts into the front end in our '03 whenever possible and/or larger and heavier.

The resulting truck still is front end heavy for sure however and will likely pound out u-joints on washboard roads regardless.

Since you're likely putting on a custom bumper, as mentioned that'll give you a fair bit of latitude mounting it in - Fords put the engine way too far back under the hoods to work on them as it - but then again so did the GM's so there is that too.

Anyways sir, it would be a fun project in my view and as you know and others have said, the 12V 5.9 is as good a power plant as one can put in anything other than a plane.

All the best to you as we're now into winter and official cold.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"