I too have a bunch of 270 factory loads (and dies) and nothing chambered for it.

In your position, and me being being cheap (that is to say, "economically minded" smile ) I'd look for a good used one, any brand. Buying new, I'd go T3 on recommendation - never having owned one. My newly acquired 1985 Win70 fwt in 7X57 is (well, was, before the caribou hunt) quite nice, so maybe that as second choice new in 270.

Money not a concern, I'd buy dingo's rifle...... smile. Damn, that's nice looking!

However, I have a $60 Ruger takeoff 270 barrel laying around. If I can get the time, I'll likely unscrew that 17 inch '06 barrel on Stub (RU77 tang) , and screw on the 270 standard length to see how took I got..... I can always put the Stub barrel back on.

The stock is cut down fore and aft, and slimmed to fit my wife - in effect it is bassically a carbine -she might like the 270 better, if it shoots. Should have better balance too - at least for me - and I use it more than she does.

I've a bunch of 7 Mag ammo too, and no chambering. In the unlikely event I run out of ..338WM ammo and components, and can't get more, I'll just buy a 7 Mag barrel for the other Tanger.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.